Thursday, March 3, 2011

When one door closes.... Another opens!!!

I have come to the realization that this is going to by my way of "keeping a record". A couple of Sundays ago we had a lesson in church about this and it inspired be to do so. This is a great way to keep in touch and know what is going on with others but this is also for me to be able to remember what has happend in my life.
So with that being said, I have finally logged on once again... last post was over a year ago... YIKES!!! Alot has happend since then.
Main Event:
Job Loss: In November 2010, John came home from work around 11am.
ME: Hey, what are you doing home?
JOHN: Oh, I was going to go to the gym after work and I forgot my socks.
ME: You are sooo going to lose your job, that is a two hour lunch. Seriously, I could
brought them to you.
JOHN: Well, actually I did loss my job.
ME: Whatever! (pause) Seriously? (heart dropped to my toes)
JOHN: (Nonchalantly) Yep!
ME: (Smacked him on the arm) Seriously, John!?! (starting to freak out at this
point)
JOHN: WOW! I just lost my job and you smack me!

At that point I knew it was real. He then went to out loft and grabbed the papers that were handed to him as he was walked out. Why were they in the loft you ask.... this was his plan to play me. What a TURD!!!!
The University of Phoenix did not only lay John off but 700 other people as well. We knew that because of the economy in Phoenix that it was going to be hard to find a job in Phoenix. We determined that we wanted to be closer to John's family as well. We decided on moving out of Arizona. We liked to thouht of Utah since it was in the middle of Washington and Arizona. At that point we started puting in applications in ever company possible. A week went by and John had a couple of interviews. Things were looking up. He was offered a job with Capital Premium Financing! We were moving to Utah!!! This was on a Wednesday... they wanted him to start that following Monday!!! Crazy weekend.

We were very blessed to find a job that quickly (less than two weeks)! The Lord was surely looking out for us.

Surprise!!!!

That same day the job was offered, before it was offered. We had found out that I was pregnant with Number 3!!!!
We were excited but at the same time knew that we had no job, just yet! We then were offered the job a couple of hours later. I thank the Lord for all of our blessings throughout all the stress of that.

My heart and prayers go out to those that do not have an income. It was very stressful and we did not have to deal with it for very long. I pray that they are blessed with a job or some type of income and that they can find peace and happiness through the hard times. Staying close to the Lord and making sure that I was talking with Him was a way that I was able to feel peace.
Mid-December John moved himself up to Utah to start his Job! He really loves it! He works in the compliance department of that company. He does a lot of this and that and a lot of others things that I don't exactly understand but he seems happy when he tries to explain it to me.

He was living up here for about a month before I was able to bring the rest of us up. It is very cold up here but we love it. Our ward is AMAZING! They are very welcoming and I really LOVE all the people that I have met since we have been here!

We moved to Saratoga Springs, Ut. Since we have lived here we have had


3 earthquakes....


Not cool!!!! The first one was in between here and Lehi. Didn't feel that one. The first one that I DID feel was at 3:30am. Woke up from the sound of car "crashing" into the side of our building. Could not sleep after that. At church that day everyone was talking about an earthquake we had in the middle of the night. Then it was that very SAME day was third one... YIKES!!! I told John if this is how it is in Utah .....

I AM OUT OF HERE!!!!!
Luckily we have not had any since... so I guess we will stay!




5 comments:

Wendy said...

Congrats on baby number 3!

Craison said...

Hey, you should post pics of the girls since it's been a year. ;) Love ya!

Jeremy and Natalie said...

Yay for an update! Losing a job is a hard thing to deal with but everything works out and this post is evidence of that! And congratulations on a THIRD baby! :) After my boards are over, we need to get together.

Sandy -- As Told By Mommy said...

Wow Congrats! Glad you got job and like where you live!

Amanda Lynn said...

Gabe! First of all CONGRATULATIONS # 3! It seems like yesterday we were at state for wrestling!! And glad that work has seemed to work out for you guys! Hope you are doing well :)